Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Makes: 1 loaf
- 500g zucchini, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Monica’s mixes Paleo flour
- 1/3 cup Power Super Foods Pure Raw Cacao Powder
- ½ teaspoon Lotus Bi-Carb Soda Aluminium Free
- 1 teaspoon Lotus Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Melrose Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- ¼ - ½ cup honey (make this fructose-friendly with rice malt)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (make this egg free with Orgran No Egg (Egg Replacer))
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line 9-13 cm loaf and set aside.
- Prepare your zucchini by grating them and placing them in a colander. Sprinkle a little sea salt and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before you rise off the salt and then squeeze out the extra moisture.
- In the meantime, melt your coconut oil and honey together and then remove it from the heat. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Place your flour in a mixing bowl and add your cacao, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Pour your mixed oil and honey into a large bowl and integrate the eggs. Then slowly add your dry ingredients and stir so that it is all well combined. Transfer the mixture into your load tin and then bake for 45-50 minutes until it is cooked through to the entre.
This recipe was submitted by Keren Slutzkin @ Vital Assurance
If you would like your recipes published on our website send through a photo of your creation and details via this link >>.