Grain- Free Tortilla Wrap
Author: Otto's Naturals Date Posted:12 July 2017
Cassava flour is a relatively new kid on the block when it comes to grain free and gluten free cooking. It comes from the Yuca (yoo - cah) plant and has been a staple food around the world for centuries. Another great thing about this low carb flour is it can be used as a one - to - one substitute for wheat flour which makes transforming gluten containing recipes much easier!
- 3/4 cup of Otto's Natural's Cassava Flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Toscana olive oil
- 1/3 cup of warm water
1. Whisk together the flour and salt. Add the oil and warm water and knead until the dough is nice and smooth. The dough should not be dry or too wet and sticky.
2. Divide into six balls.
3. Roll each dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper until thin. Or use a tortilla press.
4. Heat a dry skillet over a medium high heat. Once properly heated, place tortilla on skillet. Wait for air bubbles to form (approx. 1 minute) and then flip. Each side should be slightly browned.
5. Allow tortilla to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before stacking on a plate and covering with a towel.