Orgran's Famous Shortbread
Cook Time: 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan that large enough to mix all of the ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Sift Orgran self-raising flour, Orgran plain flour and icing sugar into the saucepan. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute or until well combined, add more self-raising flour if the mixture is wet or sticky.
- Roll into 1 cm thick shapes if you wish. (It is easier to work on a slightly greased surface.)
- Place on a greased oven tray lined with baking paper. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.NOTE: Dough may crumble easily, however shortbreads can still be made.