A couple of things to remember before you start.
- Make sure the inside of the pot is completely dry before heating the oil in it, or else the oil will sputter.
- Have a separate bowl ready to dump popcorn in when it is done popping in the pan.
- Make sure to use a pan that has a safe lid, and is not to heavy to pick up softly and shake. I once made too much at one time in a big pan and it was too heavy to shake and burnt most of it
- Heat coconut oil in medium saucepan on medium high heat until all solid oil has melted.
- Drop ¾ kernels till they pop open.
- Then add the remaining kernels.
- Cover the saucepan with lid.
- Once they start popping shake every 10 seconds or so until you hear the popping slow down.
- Once it slows down, remove from heat and continue shaking, to prevent the popcorn at the bottom from burning.
- Once they are done popping pour into a bowl, add salt. Enjoy!!