Chocolate Sunbutter Cookies
Author: Gluten Free Palate Date Posted:23 July 2020
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix sunflower seed butter, coconut sugar, and egg.
- Add cocoa powder, and baking soda, and mix until incorporated. Depending on how thick your sunflower seed butter is, you may need to work it with your hands.
- Work in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate until evenly incorporated.
- Form 18-24 small cookie dough balls and place them 12 at a time onto your cookie sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Press down lightly on each cookie to form a circle.
- Bake from 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. If you like them softer, aim for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently slide the parchment paper onto the counter.
- Line your baking sheet with new parchment paper and bake the last 12 cookies.
- Let cool completely before removing from the parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
Recipe adapted with Sunnybrook product links from Gluten-Free Palate