No Bake, Nut Free Caramel Slice (GF & Vegan)
Author: Bridee Date Posted:7 May 2019
No bake, nut free, caramel slice... What more do we need to say? The image of this glorious treat does all the talking.
50 grams Bobs Red Mill Organic Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
1 1/4 cups Niulife Organic Shredded Coconut
1/4 cup Loving Earth Raw Organic Cacao Powder
Pinch good-quality salt
6 medjool dates, pitted
2-3 Tbsp Pure Harvest Organic Rice Malt Syrup
CARAMEL LAYER INGREDIENTS
2 cups medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup Spiral Organic Hulled Tahini
1/4 cup Pure Harvest Organic Rice Malt Syrup
1/2 tsp good-quality salt
1/4 cup Nature's Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
100grams Loving Earth Organic 72% Raw Dark Chocolate
1 Tbsp Nature's Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
1. Add flax meal, coconut, cacao and salt to a high-speed food processor. Pulse until combined. Add dates and 2 Tbsp rice malt, and pulse to form a sticky base. Add more rice malt is needed.
2. Press mixture into the base of preferred cake tin (we recommend a 15cm square one)
3. Add all caramel ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth. You will need to scrape the sides at least one.
4. Pour over your base layer, smooth with a hot spoon, and set in the freezer while you make the choc top.
5. Add chocolate and coconut condensed milk to a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pot of simmering water. Once melted pour onto of caramel base.
6. Allow to set in the freezer for at least 4 hours. To serve, remove from freezer and cake tin. Use a very hot knife to slice into desired serves. Store in an air-tight container, and ENJOY!!!