Grain Free Tortillas
Author: Bridee Date Posted:12 November 2019
Grain free, gluten free and vegan, these totillas are the perfect accompaniment to Taco Tuesday!
¾ cup (90 grams) Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons Melrose Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup (80 grams) warm water
1. Whisk together Otto's Naturals - Cassava flour and salt. Add the oil and warm water until a nice dough begins to form. The dough should not be dry or too wet and sticky.
2. Knead the dough until smooth.
3. Divide into six dough balls.
4. Roll each dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper until thin or use a tortilla press.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once properly heated, place tortilla on the skillet. Wait for the air bubbles to form (approx. 1 minute) and then flip. Remove before tortilla becomes stiff.
6. Let cool on a wire rack until they go from hot to warm, then stack on a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm.