Vegan Blueberry and Coconut Yoghurt Muffins
Author: Coyo Date Posted:11 August 2020
2 tbsp ground flax seed
5 tbsp of water
250ml natural COYO coconut yoghurt
180g brown rice flour
70g wheat free oats
45g coconut flour
3/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
160 ml unsweetened almond milk
4 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp (30g) coconut oil, melted (plus extra for greasing)
Zest or 1 lemon and juice of 1/ 2 lemon
125g fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan. Make the flax eggs. Place the ground flax in a cup with 5 tbsp of water. Mix and leave to stand for 10 minutes to thicken. Stir through the coconut yoghurt.
2. Meanwhile, sift the flours in a large bowl with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and oats.
3. In another bowl, mix together the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and the coconut yoghurt and flax mix.
4. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir well until it’s quite a stiff batter. Fold through the blueberries.
5. Grease muffin cases with a little coconut oil and place in a muffin tin or use silicon moulds that don’t require greasing. Spoon the batter evenly between the muffin cases.
6. Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes until golden. You should be able to insert a toothpick and remove it without any crumbs sticking.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe adapted (with Sunnybrook links) from Coyo