Chocolate Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Bakers Magic Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup Loving Earth Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Loving Earth Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill Pure Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Melrose Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic Beetroot Slices (pureed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 container Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Nuttelex Original Spread, slightly softened
- 2 cups Billington's Golden Icing Natural Unrefined Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Equagold Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE MUFFINS
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Lightly grease and flour a 12 cup cupcake pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cacao, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Add coconut oil, beet puree, water, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or insert a fork in the middle of the cupcake and it comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the cupcake and invert the pan to remove the cupcake. Let them cool on a cake rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream and spread in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add icing sugar, then vanilla and lemon juice.
- Beat all ingrediants untill light and fluffy.
- Once the muffins have cooled spread icing ontop of each muffin. Enjoy!