1 tsp cooking oil
4 pieces chopped crisped tofu
1 cups sliced white mushrooms
1/2 cup of beansprout
3 cups veggie broth or water
1 can coconut milk
1 packet of brown rice noodles uncooked
1 jar Mekhala Vegan Laksa Paste
Lime juice, salt and pepper to taste
Handful fresh mint and coriander
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add all Mekhala Vegan Laksa Paste and fry for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
1. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the veggies, broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Add in the rice noodles and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust salt and heat. add a bit of salt lime juice and some sugar at this point. Add more coconut milk if needed. Simmer for another few minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander, mint, bean sprouts and crisped tofu.
Recipe adapted with Sunnybrook product links from Mekhala Living