Date Posted:8 October 2020
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- 2. Combine the applesauce, coconut sugar, almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Warm slightly in the microwave if the coconut oil seizes up.
- 3. Add oat flour, almond flour, cacao powder, flax meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate.
- 4. Divide between the 12 muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffin springs back when pressed with a fingertip. Once done, let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to freeze and heat a muffin in the microwave when I want it!
- Recipe adapted (with Sunnybrook links) from Bakerita
Leave a comment